Sami wrote in and I have to vent since I agree. That article is not helpful. . .

   Look, I know that dementia sucks, I have cried and cried on this list about lack of care for my Margey in the past. But I never, EVER, resented a momen of time I spent with her. And my being morbidly obese? THAT was my health problem not hers. In fact, she has helped me quit the soda and I have lost enuff weight to get my skin reduced. She has friends who will help her around the house till I get back.

She is not mad at me and I am not mad at her.

I think the most stressful aspect is *communication*. When they can't express their needs, or understand you, or when Drs just don't listen. These diseases are cruel enough, we do not need to add selfishness of caregivers to it. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth, and I 'm a caregiver.

Angela

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009