Friends All,

My wife, 31 years with PD and now 76 years old, has an extreme behavioral
problem which I have never known anyone on the Parkinson list servs to
mention: extreme hyperactivity in the late afternoon and evening. Out of
control, she propels herself endlessly in her wheel chair up and down the
corridors of the long-term care facility where she lives, running into
people and objects, setting off door alarms, etc. She has to keep moving --
cannot stay still to take medications, etc.-- and fights with staff who try
to redirect her. When asked why she is doing it or where she wants to go,
she says "I don't know." Have others had this problem, and does anyone know
where it might have been discussed in the literature on PD?

Ken