Hullo Sophie,

I am Moneesha from Calcutta, India.  My husband has Parkinson's, like your
Nan.  When he first began taking the PD (Parkinson's Disease) medicines, he
too used to feel quite sick and nauseous but his stomach settled down after
a bit.  You are quite right - this is an illness where a person has good and
bad days or even in a day, good and bad moments.  She is fortunate to have a
loving family  to support her because such an illness can be quite
depressing for the person who gets the diagnosis.  The fact that she is
smiling is great.  The news that one has Parkinson's is not good news, but
there is still a lot that one can do, particularly in the early years.

I wish you, your mother, your sister and your nan all the best.  I hope you
succeed in your wish to get into the army and are able to make your nan
proud.

If you have any questions about Parkinson's, don't hesitate to ask, because
somebody here will definitely have the answer.

Moneesha