> Therefore there are two keys to get up from sitting:  1.) you have to
> get your weight or center of gravity over your base of support.  If
> you don't do this you will fall back into the chair.  The cue I use is
> that "you got to get your nose past your toes".  If you are forward ,
> when you straighten out your knees you will go straight up and nit
> fall back. 2.). To make up for the lack of speed or the ability to
> generate velocity you gave to use momentum.  You can achieve this by
> rocking forward and going to standing on the count of three.  If you
> put these 2 together you will be able to get up easier.  The lower the
> surface you are rising from, the more toward and more momentum you
> will need.

yes, it is the best way.
Another help is to use the technique athletes use: to visualize the movement
before starting it. Many times if need be. Researchers have found out that by
watching someone perform a task your muscles receive the same info as if you
performed it too and your muscles have very small contractions ( perhaps why
sofa sportsmen need to drink and eat while watching a match).
So watching someone or visualizing the movement facilitates it
maryse