 My fathers symptoms are classic Parkinsons.

I have a long list of his symptoms but I will not post unless it is of use in this thread. However I will state that his symptoms are identical to idiopathic PD,
and he in fact has the whole range of symptoms, rather than just a subset..

Now his diagnosis one day in the future may be labelled differently, but for now PD+ is all we have to go on, given the 100% fit of symptoms.

My father has tried Sinimet and Artane in the past, with no noticeable effect, but given that his symptoms have significantly progressed (especially his freezing, tremors & dystonia),
it may be worthwhile to try again at higher doses.

I made a reference to various dopamine receptor agonists because of the following that I have read with regard to non-idyopathic PD.

-------
[0010] Dopamine receptor agonists are generally ineffective for the treatment of PPS (Mark, 2001, supra). In exceptional cases, there have been reports

of a certain therapeutic success with individual dopamine agonists, although these effects appear to be substance-specific. For example, Wenning et al

(Lancet, 2004, 3, 93) reported on the therapeutic success of bromocriptine in a trial with six patients, while a controlled trial with lisuride found no

efficacy. Since it is known that the majority of dopamine agonists do not act on one sole dopamine receptor, but have a complex receptor profile

(Newman-Tancredi, J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2002, 303, 805), the reason for the efficacy of bromocriptine could be the special features of the receptor

profile or other not further characterised substance-specific properties.

http://www.freshpatents.com/Use-of-rotigotine-for-treating-and-preventing-parkinson-s-plus-syndrome-dt20070816ptan20070191470.php