LOL. Good call, Meg! I second that idea, Matthew.

Of course, it's easier for those of us who have known "The Names on the Spine"
(I love that image, Meg!) to make this call than for post-grads, especially
students in the US, who don't circulate with the U.K. Spine Monikers as much at
conferences. I recall being an awestruck Ph.D. student who often became a bit
tongue-tied at conferences when encountering the big names of our small part of
the academic world, like "Johnston," "Mills," "King," and "Twycross."

Your suggestion, Meg, reminds me how thankful I am to be part of a generous
community of scholars who are, more often than not, willing to answer questions
from students and colleagues in the interest of furthering our understanding of
early drama.

I guess the holiday spirit and its warm sentiments have come with the first
substantial snowfall here in Iowa.

Happy Holidays, REED-L,
Gloria

> Why not ask David himself?  He's a human being as well as a name on a book spine.
>
> Actually I'm seeing him on Monday to present the second half of his
Festschift, so I'll try to remember to ask him them -- my memory is sieve-like
at the moment.