The Cambridge Introduction to Medieval Theater (the revised edition) has
some information about putatively "anti-theatrical" prejudices in medieval
theater documents, and how we might reinterpret those -- that might be a
good place to start. I'm pretty sure that information was in the
introduction to the volume.

Liza

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Abigail Ann Young <[log in to unmask]