-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Newberry Library Fellowships in the Humanities, 2010-2011
Date: 	Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:41:45 -0600
From: 	Research <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	[log in to unmask]

/*Please circulate./

*Newberry Library Fellowships in the Humanities, 2010-2011*

The Newberry’s fellowships support humanities research in our
collections. Our collections are wide-ranging, rich, and sometimes a
little eccentric. If you study the humanities, chances are good we have
something for you. We promise you remarkable collections; a lively
interdisciplinary community of researchers; individual consultations on
your research with staff curators, librarians, and scholars; and an
array of scholarly and public programs.

LONG-TERM FELLOWSHIPS

Long-term fellowships support research and writing by scholars with a
doctorate. Fellowship terms range from six to eleven months with
stipends of up to $50,400. Deadline: January 11, 2010.

SHORT-TERM FELLOWSHIPS

Ph.D. candidates and post-doctoral scholars are eligible for short-term
travel-to-collections fellowships. These are usually awarded for a
period of one month. Most are restricted to scholars who live and work
outside the Chicago area. Stipends are $1600 per month.

NEW: We invite short-term fellowship applications from teams of two or
three scholars who plan to collaborate intensively on a single,
substantive project. The stipend is $1600 per fellow per month. Teams
should submit a single application, including cover sheets and CVs from
each member.

Deadline: March 1, 2010.

For more information or to download application materials, visit our
website at: http://www.newberry.org/research/felshp/fellowshome.html

Or contact:

Research and Education
The Newberry Library
60 West Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60610

312.255.3666

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English Drama/
Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W/ Toronto Ontario Canada