The Cambridge Introduction to Medieval Theater (the revised edition) has some information about putatively "anti-theatrical" prejudices in medieval theater documents, and how we might reinterpret those -- that might be a good place to start. I'm pretty sure that information was in the introduction to the volume.

Liza

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Abigail Ann Young <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I confess that I cannot think of anything that quite meets the criteria in this question, so I thought of throwing it open to the list. If you have any suggestions, please reply both to the list and to Ms Berardini.

Abigail

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Request of Information on G. Ferzoco suggestion
Date:     Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:47:36 +0100 (CET)
From:     <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Dear Prof. Young,
I am writing you on Prof. George Ferzoco's suggestion. I am an Italian Phd student and I am now spending a study period at the University of Bristol working with Prof. G. Ferzoco and Prof. C. Muessig. My PhD research project is about the relationship between medieval preaching and theatre. Thus I am reading sermons by English and Italian preachers in order to discover hidden theatrical element that can show the use of theatrical means by preachers. In order to achieve this aim I am interested in finding documents (if they exist) about the setting of the preaching scene by which is it possible to demonstrate that medieval preaching shared a lot of features with theatre. Although all of the authors of the Artes Praedicandi spoke against theatre and tried to avoid any similarity between preachers and minstrels and actors, still preachers used a lot of actors' means in order to catch the attention of the public.
Have you ever find anything related with this topic?
It would be a pleasure to share with you my thoughts on this research as I am very interested in your project.
Thank you for your kindness, I am looking forward for your reply,
Best,
Valentina Berardini

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English Drama/
Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W/ Toronto Ontario Canada