>Also gives you wind :)
>I think I've eaten the grocer's whole supply....
>
>Quoting skrzyniarz <[log in to unmask]>:
>

>>  I saw this today on a health link for PD health issues. I know that Fava
>>  beans have been suggested on PIENO in the past, but as it didn't apply to my
>>  pwp I never looked at what it does. John already knew he said.:)
>>
>>  Audrey cg pwp John 58/47/?
>>

>>	BEWARE THE FAVA BEAN: This bean contains dopamine and eating more
>>  than 1/2 cup of these beans along with a daily dose of the drug levodopa can
>>  cause symptoms of a dopamine overdose. The fava bean is primarily used in
>>  Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes.
>  >
As best I can recall (without actually looking through the archives)
there were two threads of info.
1. Someone on the list was growing fava beans in his garden and
experimenting with dosages.
2. The beans must also feature some sort of unidentified additional
compound which escorted the l-dopa to the brain. Remember that
conventional l-dopa needs carbadopa to escort it over the brain /
blood barrier. The hope at the time that taking natural sourced
l-dopa would eliminate dyskenisia.

--
Steve in VT