In UK fava beans are known as broad beans and are widely eaten in the
late spring and early summer. In fact I'm waiting to plant some seeds
in my allotment garden now, if only it would stop raining. They have
no noticeable medicinal effect on me but they are delicious when
picked young. I think you would have to eat an awful lot to get any l-
dopa out of them by which time you might feel rather windy at the rear
end.
As to the description of PD, Sanskrit ayurvedic texts going back as
much as 4,000 years describe the condition, calling it Kampa Vata.
Incidentally, another member of the legume family mucuna pruriens, or
kapikachu, is a known source of l-dopa.

http://www.ayurvedacollege.com/articles/drhalpern/clinical/Parkinson
contains more on all this.

David Thurston