Carl, your story is a very familiar one to us. Although my husband, Tom, did
not serve in Vietnam, he spent his two years (1966-68) at the Rocky Mountain
Arsenal in Denver, Colorado,  as an officer in the Chemical Corps.  That
site is now listed as one of the most contaminated in the United States and
the SuperFund site lists many toxins, including dioxin, among the many
contaminants.
There was both direct and indirect exposure as they were emptying and
refilling munitions.

Tom was first diagnosed with PD in 1991, at the age of 46.  He is doing
pretty well physically after having two DBS surgeries, but suffers from
dementia that has become pretty debilitating for him.

We are just beginning to pursue getting a service related disability
designation from the VA.  Although I have good health insurance it may help
in other ways.  We also have a list of many of the military and civilian
workers who were at the Arsenal during the Vietnam War and are planning on
trying to establish a database to see if there is significant percentage
with neurological diagnoses.

Good luck with your treatment.

Claire, CG for Tom 65/46/44