for something they consider to be of political benefit to them, not any
opinion or request be me. Shameful, but true

Paul

In a message dated 12/12/2009 2:00:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

E-mail  your Senators, Neurology left out of health care reform
Rayilyn  Brown
Director AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson  Foundation

From: Parkinson's Action Network
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:24 PM
To: Rayilyn Brown
Subject: E-mail your Senators, Neurology left out of health care  reform

E-mail your Senators, Neurology left out of  health care reform

Contact your Senators and urge them to support  vital health care
amendment! Take Action!

We have noted that many people are having  difficulties getting through to
their Senator's office by phone.  You may  now take action on this important
issue by e-mail.  Please take action  today.

The health care debate is moving fast in the U.S. Senate,  and members of
the Parkinson's community can effect change for millions of  Americans.
Currently, neurology is not listed as a specialty eligible  for primary care
incentives in section 5501 of the Senate Health Reform Bill,  even though
family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, and geriatrics are  included.
This will mean that neurologists are the only physicians who  regularly manage
and coordinate care who are not eligible for the  bonus.

Earlier this week, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) introduced  an amendment to
the health care bill that would add neurologists to this list,  enabling
millions of Americans living with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Multiple  Sclerosis,
and ALS to get the proper care they need.

Neurologists, many of whom are providing the principal care for people
living  with Parkinson's disease, need to be included in the incentive.
Excluding neurologists could have long-lasting ramifications for all people
living with neurological conditions, including Parkinson's.

Sen. Klobuchar's amendment, which has strong bipartisan support from Sens.
Susan Collins (R-ME) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH), will correct this  problem.
E-mail both of your senators today and ask them to support Sen.
Klobuchar's amendment, and ask the senators to let the Senate Finance  Committee know
of their support.

Take Action!

If you no longer wish to receive  e-mail from us, please click here.

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn