Claire, thank you for your kind response. The path to obtaining a VA disability rating can be fraught with frustration. There is a good website www.vawatchdog.org that has links on how to file a claim. For six years now I have been 100% permanent and total disabled from the VA for PTSD. Jim Strickland is a great resource for how to file a claim. Links are on the watchdog site previously mentioned. You probably already know all this. Tell your husband Tom, that I salute him for his great honorable service to our country.
Carl W. Wren