Ray,

I am glad that you have explained what your problem is to your caregiver.
The hard-of-hearing + speech-difficulties is a syndrome that we have at home
too.   I often have difficulty hearing what Prem says.  She has to
understand that this is a combination that requires patience on both sides.

May I suggest that you follow up with another email listing what you need
her to do (and not do, like eating on the job) and what she should not
do/touch without first consulting you.  This would be useful, not only for
this caregiver, but should you decide to change, for the new one too.  You
have probably already told her these things, but there is no harm in
reiterating it.  You can also point out that you have tried to accommodate
her to a large extent and that on her part she has to try to understand your
requirements and difficulties.

Good luck!
Moneesha