Ray,
I am so sorry you and your caregiver are not coming to an understanding.Your letter was a wake up call to me. I frequently used to ask Margaret to raise her voice, or to write something , or "try again please" if I cannot understand her. Since she returned to work, her speech problems are much less, but I never understood *her* point of view til I read your letter. Because I thought i was patient, but perhaps I could try harder to be understanding.
I think you need and deserve a real caregiver or companion who can understand inevitable voice changes, or at least try to.They have to know you are not having symptoms just to annoy them. Without that, you'll get nowhere. true with any kind of disability.

 Have a great week and a Happy New Year. Is there somewhere I can send a picture of Margey and the baby? Sears gave me a flip camcorder for Christmas!
Angela

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/