John

thanks so much for this information.  I am convinced now my voice problems
are due to DBS, not PD.  So far you are the only person I know who
understands that raising the voice leads to "shouting".  In fact, I doubt
that people with soft voices from PD could ever make the loud sounds I do.
I started having trouble speaking in 2003-2004 after my bilateral DBS.

I don't turn my NTs on and off because I fear the tremors and turning them
back on again.  I do have high settings and had my first replacements July
2007 even though they were still working fine.

I'm thinking my condition is similar to Tourette's syndrome in that the
sounds are very offensive.

People planning DBS should know about this.

I think the most frustrating thing about PD is that people don't
understand - they can see a tremor, but misjudge what they hear.

Strangling is the closest I can come to describing what it is like to speak
either soft or loud.    People just don't get it and I can't explain,
converse, or argue.

thanks, John.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown