Hello Walmart Shoppers, this is the Maintenance Man. Every three
months, the address of the PIENO maillist Page changes. If you read
the Parkinsn email on PIENO, use this address which never changes but
directs you to the correct page:

http:www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/maillist.html

Save the shortcut on your desktop if you are a frequent reader.

Parkinsn list messages are delivered to your email inbox and to PIENO
shortly before or after midnight EST in the U.S. Any of your postings
for the day are distributed then. Others posted later are delivered
the next night. If you are a nightowl and are awake when the mail is
delivered you can quickly respond to something of interest and reply.
If the reply is received by the listserv by 5 am it is delivered
immediately and not held for the next evenings delivery.

If you want to edit your email settings the URL of the page above
will write the proper code for the listserv in your default email
program and all you have to do is send it.

Want to know when your postings are distributed? Ack is the command.
Look for the button that contains the word acknowledge. Thats it
click that button and send the generated email and that is all there is to it.

In the spirit of the Paperwork Reduction Act :) if you are still are
working and would like to read the last messages, simply log on to
the above URL. Display of the the messages is the messages sent last
are at the top of the list. There is a Threads link which sorts the
messages according to subject and any replies (threads) are below it.

PRIVACY

The PIENO website does not collect any personal data but in the
course of measuring content relevance by traffic some statistical
information is temporarily cached for analysis.

Parkinsn is a public subscription forum. Messages posted on the PEINO
website have the ISP removed from the email addresses before
automation adds them to the archive. Guard your privacy. Do not
include your address, phone number, social security number or your
last name to postings. We are all big people here and you have to
exercise what kind of privacy you desire. Let me warn you....what you
think is harmless today, may not appear so in the future. The
Parkinsn Charter/Guidelines makes it clear. What you post to Parkinsn
is public knowledge and may be around for a long time. Barbara and I
want you to have a long and safe life but do not accept
responsibility to clean up messes.

Want to change how you receive Parkinsn email? Use the mail
management buttons on the PIENO maillist page. The buttons are self
explanatory when you mouse over them. They produce the text in your
email program and all you have to do is send them. Don't be timid any
screw up can be fixed. You are not going to damage your computer or
the listserv.

PIENO maillist URL is:

http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/maillist.html

Who pays for all this?

Well our Canadian and tax payers in Canada provide the listserv and
the space for maintaining the archives. Barbara Patterson and I
receive no compensation from parkinsn, nor any Parkinson's
Organization. PIENO was founded on the web to be a place in the
interim when the University of Toronto did not choose to upgrade the
listserv to a new version which required a new server.

PIENO has always been a 'Labor of Love' from my viewpoint but without
Angels at HE net and the Parkinson Alliance, PIENO would have died a
silent death several years back. HE net the hosting company provides
us server space and bandwidth to carry out our worldwide mission.

Things break, wear out, etc. The ads you see on PIENO fund the
continuing need for different content and programming. PIENO archive
et.al. is over 130,000 webpages and the editing of the code is a
monumental task.

Contributors you regularly follow on PIENO are just that as
described. They give up their time, effort and resources to provide
you with something to read and give your hope. We owe them all a debt
of graditude.

Censorship?????Hell NO!

Some might think their email was rejected because their content
didn't agree with Barbara's or my viewpoints. Each has opinions and
the free flow of ideas is the goal here. If you have had a posting
returned, it was the listserv software rejecting it or the mystery of
the internet that ate your message. If you have something rejected,
send me a copy and I will track down the cause. Less than 5% of our
subscribers participate so your posting is important to all of us.

Happy New Year Everybody!

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn
owner PIENO