I suspect an ulterior m motive here. I'm  not taking up smoking, rather die
in ignorance that of lung cancer thanks. John thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of mschild
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 5:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Nicotine patches & PD

> In any case I would really appreciate any references to the trials you
> mention. Any previous credible study would be taken very seriously in the
> absence of a Neuro

If you type : Nicotine trials and PD in Google, you will find some results.
Most refer to the trial headed by Dr Villafane who is conducting the trail I

mentioned. No report yet.
One trial was conducted for PD and Alzheimer in 2000. Over 10 years ago when
joined this list some people were already trying nicotine patches.
My guess is that if by now these trials are not better known, the effect was

not very significant.
Always worth trying something
maryse