Given that my father has not responded to Levodopa, the last Neuro we have seen suggested a scan of the head to determine the areas in the brain at play in my father's case.

Unlike most cases of parkinsonism, my father had a catastrophic head injury in 2002 which has directly led to his parkinsonian symptoms, but there is debate as to whether my father has a form of parkinsonism or something else.

A scan of the brain has been suggested to get a better idea of the condition, although it was not indicated whether it should be a CT scan or an MRI scan.

Does anyone know the difference, and maybe suggest which one we should be seeking?

Thanks

Robert