John,

Your pharmacist appears to be what we refer to in the US as a "compounding
pharmacy".  There's nothing wrong using him to make your IV  solutions.

However, as a retired review chemist from FDA, I need to point out
something for your safety.  First of all, IV products should be  sterile.  You
probably should discuss with your compounding pharmacist (and  maybe Dr.
Perlmutter as well) just what steps you can take to assure that your  compounded
GSH in saline is, in fact, sterile.  You probably don't have  access to the
usual sterilization equipment, but filtration through an 0.2  micron filter
will usually be sufficient.  Your pharmacist may be able to  assist you in
finding an in-line filter that you can use when you are injecting  the GSH
solution.

Please feel free to contact me off-list if you need further help.

Wilson DeCamp

In a message dated 1/7/2010 2:00:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,