I've had an unusual situation.  Last week I had arranged for help from a local agency when my neighbor, Teresa, a widow, came to see me because she had gotten my Cox bill by mistake.  I don't really know her too well as we met at the local WaMu bank where she was a bank officer who realized we were neighbors.  Since retiring a couple of years ago she has spent a good amount of time in her native Bolivia.   Anyway, she wanted the job when I told her I was in the process of changing my help.  This could be a plus for us both - I would have help close by and she wouldn't have to drive to part-time work.  Also it would be a lot cheaper for me.  Her daughter who has 3  kids is in process of divorce and going back to school to become a nurse needs money and will most likely do the heavy cleaning and cut my hair.  Sure hope it works out.

Kathy took it well and I think she realized that never knowing when she was coming to work was not acceptable long term.  The agency was nice too.

Many thanks to all of you who offered advice and comments.  You gave me the support and spunk I needed to make this change.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF