I just sent the email text below to the English Parkinsons disease society -
wonder if some people are too comfy with current conditions -

As one of your members, I'm puzzled and irritated by the frequent references
in your literature to "celebrating" the 40 th anniversaryof your
organisation.  Have you thought that that means celebrating 40 years of
failure to find a cure.  I hope no subscription money went on parties.

amanda