Folks,

My father is 78 years old, suffers from Parkinsons symptoms and is refractory to LDopa.

I will be seeing two new neurologists in about 3 weeks time in my efforts to get some help for my father.

One of the neurologists will look at my father in terms of whether botox injections will help, but I will ask both for any pharmacological interventions they could suggest.

I am trying to write a complete brief on my father's condition, and wish to refer to a symptom where my father's feet frequently freeze (or they act like they are glued to the ground) when he tries to take a step.

I would like to use the medical term for this, but I can't seem to find it.

Can anyone suggest what this symptom is referred to in medical terms?

Thank you

Robert