I think the use of the REED list by any outside commercial agency is inappropriate.  Granted, REED has a relationship with UTPress, but the emails we've been getting are quite unrelated to REED.  I work at the U of Michigan, and it would be equally inappropriate for me to post UMPress materials here.  Unless the UTP postings have some relationship to REED's work they should be discontinued.

Bill Ingram

-----Original Message-----
From: REED-L: Records of Early English Drama Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pamela King
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UTP journals

Colleagues.  I am concerned that the REED list is losing correspondents
because of the activities of UTP Journals.  I too am anxious not to receive
advertising circulars from any commercial organisation through the list,
and, particularly, not to be entered into any FaceBook list not under my
control.  I do not want to come off the REED list, however.  How do others
feel?  Is the UTP use of the list appropriate?
Best wishes,
Pamela King

PM King