I sent snail mail to Kruger and Farrell.  If you want to do the same their email addresses are: [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Senator Carl Kruger

Chair, New York State Senate Finance Committee

913 Legislative Office Building

Albany, New York 12247

and

Assemblyman Herman D. Farrell, Jr.

Chair, Ways and Means Committee

923 Legislative Office Building

Albany, New York 12248

RE: NEW YORK SPINAL CORD INJURY RESEARCH LAW

When I was a young woman I volunteered in the Spinal Cord Injury ward of a Long Beach California hospital. I remember wishing desperately that there was something that could be done to change the plight of the patients there. I learned that a spinal cord injury is about the worst thing that can happen to a person. Forty years ago there was no hope for people who had spinal cord injuries.

Today I am an old woman suffering from Parkinson's disease and this experience of 14 years of difficulty moving has given me a glimpse of what it might be like to not be able to move at all. Although that day will come for me, I can still move now and really can't know what complete dependence and lack of mobility will be like.

But I do know this:

TODAY THERE IS HOPE FOR SPINAL CORD INJURY PATIENTS IF ONLY THE RESEARCH IS DONE.

Spinal cord injury patients have suffered long enough and need help now, not another forty years from now.

How can anyone NOT support the New York Spinal Cord Injury Research Law?

Sincerely,

Rayilyn Brown Past Director

Arizona Chapter

National Parkinson Foundation