Hi there, my name is Karen and I live in Connecticut, US.  My husband was diagnosed with PD about 2 years ago.  Nobody else in his family that we know of has this disease, but he does carry the LRRK2 mutation G2019S, and we have been involved in several studies because of that, including research at the Institute of Neurodegenerative Disorders in New Haven, CT, which does the only SPECT scan for Parkinson's in the US.  Also someone from the Parkinson's Institute in California came to study some of the family and take skin cells to make ips stem cells.  Last week we went to New York for the LRRK2 study at Beth Israel, where he and I both had ultrasound of our heads by a German expert on detecting signs of PD through ultrasound.  He said my husband has iron accumulation in his brain stem, a sign of PD, he said.  So we are very interested in doing whatever we can to help with finding treatments and preventive strategies.  He initially discovered the LRRK2 mutation through parti!
 cipation in 23andme.  I am so impressed with Michael J. Fox and his foundation and grateful for the innovation and competence in their funding efforts.  A friend from the 23andme community recommended this site, and after a few days of reading your comments, I am impressed.  My husband has tremor of his right arm.  He has taken Azilect 1 mg for two years and also recently started taking 1200 mg of Vitaline Co Q 10.  He also takes fish oil and resveratrol (what's in red wine) just because it seemed like maybe a good idea.  I appreciate the community and look forward to reading the digest every day, along with google searches about LRRK2, PD, and alpha synuclein.