Hi Jen.  I've been on Azilect for quite a few years now.  It is  an MAO B
inhibitor and as in MAO A inhibitors they recommended that you avoid  foods
with Tyrasine (sp?).  It is my understanding that those restrictions  have
now been lifted.  I've been off of it and on it and have noticed no
difference either way.  Recently, my hair has become extremely thin and I  attribute
it to the Azilect.  I will say this......be careful.  I'm  due to have
surgery to replace my defibrillator and I asked my cardiologist who  will be
doing the surgery if I should go off of it for 2 weeks before (I've  heard of
this).  He said to ask my  neurologist.  My neurologist  said to ask my
surgeon but he didn't see any problem with going off.  So I  called a pharmacist.
She told me it was okay to stay on it.  I went  to the internet.  It said
to go off of it for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks  after surgery.  I'm going off
of it.

Roberta Innarella
"
Better to remain  silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." Abraham  Lincoln

In a message dated 2/19/2010 2:00:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,