Hi all,
Just to weigh in on the discussion on Azilect.

Prem was diagnosed in August 2001 and was on l-dopa since then along with
various agonists now and then.  For the last year and a half he was only on
l-dopa,  In August 2009 his doctor started him on 1 mg of Azilect because he
felt that Prem was distinctly under-medicated when we went to see him.

About the same time, we also started yoga regularly for him and he went back
to his morning walks.  Whatever the reason, there has been a remarkable
change in mobility and consequently the feel-good factor.  So-much-so, that
we were also able to travel to the mountains of Sikkim for a holiday in
November.  I have paid not much attention to the dietary restrictions, even
though the Indian diet is heavy on tyramine, because I read in the PIEN
archives that they do not apply to the 1 mg dosage.  I have not noticed any
side-effects, nor has he complained of anything out of the ordinary.

I do not know if it is neuroprotective, but I feel that Rasalect, as it is
called here, has certainly improved Prem's quality of life.  I understand
from our doctor, who has practised in the UK,  that the price at which we
get it is much cheaper than what it is in the West.

Moneesha