I just discovered this site and don't know if this has been discussed, but
I've found great help with LSVT, a particular kind of voice exercise for
Parkinson's patients.  It was recommended by my neurologist early on (I'm 75
now and was diagnosed a couple of years ago), I took it and greatly
benefited.

LSVT (for Lee Silverman Voice Training, named for the first person helped by
the procedure) involves a month of daily work with a speech therapist,
essentially singing.  Holding long, loud notes is stressed, followed by
sounding pitches at stated intervals (4th's octaves, double octaves),
followed by reading at a high decibel level.  I found a trained LSVT
therapist in Poughkeepsie, NY, not far from where I live, but they are
pretty widely available, I think.  See, for starters,
http://www.ncvs.org/research/lsvt-history.html.

The point is, this training improves communication skills, which in turn
enhances social skills, reduces the sense of isolation and generally
improves morale.  I can't say enough for it.  Follow-up is 10-15 minutes a
day.

And, yes, Medicare paid for it.

Alf