I have heard differing opinions about how effective the weighted eating
utensils work.  It all depends on the individual.  I once had home health to
serve me for about 4-6 weeks. They came into my home to evaluate the
environment for safety and suggest things that might assist in daily
required functions.  One of those things suggested was eating utensils.
They suggested non-breakable dishes, and use them on a tray with a non-skid
surface.  You can buy such items from special companies, or simply use the
waffle backing you put under rugs to line a tray, which holds everything
nicely in place.  In lieu of weighted spoons or forks, they said to use the
foam hair-rollers (minus the inner clip part) or the rubber used for pipe
insulation to slip around the handles of eating utensils.  That really
worked better than the weighted items for me, and the cost was minimal.
It's worth a try!

Peggy