Recently published review of Azilect clinical trial (Adagio) in the lancet.neurology (Vol 8 December 2009, )found that while it used an interesting trial design, this study  didn't end the uncertainty  over whether Azilect offers  neuroprotection and to whom.

"ADAGIO misses a beat?" by Karl Kieburtz, Lancet Neurology, dec. 2009.
excerpt:
" Uncertainty is not a satisfying result. The results of this study1 and TEMPO2 will certainly lead some clinicians to
use rasagiline for its known symptomatic benefi t and the possibility of slowing PD disease progression. Other
clinicians will use established PD therapies (eg, levodopa) that also have some hint of slowing PD progression
and are less costly. The uncertainty should be settled by further investigation of both the 1 mg dose and the
2 mg dose, learning from the lessons of previous studies. Although the investigators should be congratulated for a
considerable research accomplishment, the implications for patient care remain uncertain."
I was prescribed .5 mil/day, as an adjunct to levodopa. but I haven't noticed any symptom improvment . I'm am hoping it truly is neuroprotective,even at this lower dose. (higher than .5 mil  increased dyskinesia. ) Seems the jury is still out....
linda