From: REED-L: Records of Early English Drama Discussion on behalf of JT Wade
Sent: Sat 3/6/2010 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Royal Entries

Not without a little self-interest, I'd recommend--although it will
need some cutting, Bernard Garter's effort for Elizabeth's entry to
Norwich in 1578 [?]. Lots of bits to choose from, most of which are in
the REED Norfolk edited by Joanne Dutka. Sounds like fun: send pictures.
Cheers, Terry Wade

> Hello REED-ers,
> I have a slightly odd question which requires a little back-story
> before I pose it.
> We at Shenandoah Conservatory are eagerly anticipating the re-
> opening of a bridge which runs between the two main buildings in
> which our faculty teach and have offices. The bridge has been closed
> since September, and this has inconvenienced many of the faculty and
> students (especially with all our snow). Our Dean has decided to
> have a "Mock" Heroic Grand opening for the bridge, late in March,
> complete with trumpet fanfares, banners, a choir, dancing, and
> 'fireworks'. I have volunteered to find an appropriate reading, and
> I was thinking of a royal entry, or something which catalogues great
> deeds. The entire thing will have artistic integrity, but will be
> performed with a sense of fun.
>
> I was wondering if anyone could suggest specific texts, especially
> things published through REED. I have easy access to and knowledge
> of lots of play texts, but am less familiar with the body of
> occasional texts.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Carolyn Coulson-Grigsby
>

> Carolyn Coulson-Grigsby
> Assistant Professor of Theatre and Humanities
> Shenandoah University
> Winchester, VA 22602
>

> ____
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information
> and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended
> recipient(s) or authorized to receive this message for the original
> intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error
> please: 1) Inform the sender only, do not "Reply to All." 2) Delete
> this e-mail from your mailbox and any other storage system you may
> have saved or copied it to. 3) Do not print, forward, copy or save
> this e-mail or share its contents with anyone.
>
> The contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the views
> or policies of Shenandoah University.
> ____

JT Wade
"Cabbage served twice is death."