Patti, Aricept has mixed results - some people do well on it while others
don't notice a difference.  Our neuro refused to prescribe any dementia
drugs for Jamie because he claimed that they cause even more balance
issues - so I have no personal experience with that group of meds.

Please keep in mind that depression is very common in PD - probably because
there are a host of neurotransmitters involved in the disease.  It isn't
surprising that depression may result as a consequence.  Please keep in mind
that PD dementia is a lot different than Alzheimer's dementia.  Even at the
end of his life and despite severe dementia, Jamie still remembered who we
were, where he was and what was going on in the world.

Just continue to stimulate your husband's brain with puzzles, books and
games.  Social interaction is also very beneficial.
--------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 68/28 with PD, died 11/20/07)
www.bentwillowfarm.org