I have Parkinson's disease, and I am considering DBS surgery. I have searched the Internet to try to find some statistical data about the probability of positive results versus negative results. I am coming to you for information. This is an informal survey and is not intended to be statistically significant. If I get enough responses, I will post an e-mail on Parkinson listserv.

If you have had DBS surgery, or your spouse has had it, or a person for whom you provide caregiving has had it, please respond to the following questions. Please provide only one response per patient please.

When was the DBS surgery performed?

Was the surgery bilateral?

Did the patient show substantial improvement?

Did the patient's Parkinson's symptoms become substantially worse?

Were the patients Parkinson's symptoms substantially the same?

If you feel comfortable doing so, would you please provide me with the name, phone number, and address of the doctor?

Please reply to this e-mail. And leave the subject line the same.

Thank you for any help you can give me.