>I too would welcome  an opportunity to discuss  with you the results
>of your surveyPlease include me in this discussion, As I have not
>had dbs even after 12 years of PD and my life is  not bad with good
>diet and exercise and good medi  management. I dont know how long  I
>can keep it up so eventually i may need to go for DBS.My Neuro
>consultant does not believe I should have dbs. He does not believe
>the  down side is made known as we only hear of successes andrarely
>about the cabbages. I dont know what to do. My quality of life is
>too good to risk DBS just now and I wonder if with the right
>medication and supplements and good lifestyle management
>disciplines. I can continue to maintain a good quality of life at
>least for another few years and avoid the risk of being a statistic
>for DBs on the negative side.
>BEst Wishes
>Shekhar Nagarkar Age 62, diag 50,

I'm with you Shekhar,
I was diagnosed five years ago and am almost unmedicated save a
handful of supplements and benztropine, an anticholinergic. The few
people I've met who are "wired" all seem like they are worse off than
I am. BUT, every one of them say they are glad they have the DBS.
Perhaps I need to look in the mirror sometime :-)
BTW I am also disappointed by the tone of the Glutathion discussion.
This list has always been a friendly and emotionally safe place. I
hope we continue as such.
--
Steve in VT