For what it's worth I will tell you my experience with Turmeric.

I have been taking turmeric for years,-----at least a heaping teaspoon each day,---usually in my morning hot cereal. Why? Because of it's anti-inflammatory properties.

I have had PD for almost 5 years and sinemet helped me tremendously. I am doing quite well and I tell everyone I think the Turmeric has something to do with it. I was even able to cut down on my sinemet(from 450mg to 300mg) about a year ago,-----with no adverse change. I'm now at the point where I'm tempted to cut down further!! I swear by Turmeric.

I find now that I usually function better before I take the sinemet than after.For example I find I usually walk best in the early morning before the sinemet and walk less good an hour or two after the sinemet. But even more interesting, I walk better at 4PM than I do at 6PM(after the 5PM dose of sinemet!). I can't prove it but I think the Turmeric has a lot to do with it.

I don't agree that Turmeric is not bio-available. I use the powder and normally have some olive oil with it(in my cereal),

That's my two cents worth,----------------------------------------Sam