Help Promote Parkinson's Awareness Month Locally

Ray
Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF

From: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:03 PM
To: ray ; Dr. Kong
Subject: Fw: Help Promote Parkinson's Awareness Month Locally

----- Original Message -----
From: Parkinson's Action Network
To: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:02 PM

      Increase Local Support for Parkinson's Awareness Month!

      For the first time, the U.S. Senate has designated April as Parkinson's Awareness Month.  This action signifies the importance of Parkinson's disease, and recognizes Congress' commitment to finding better treatments and a cure for Parkinson's disease.  Thanks to the actions of Senators Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Johnny Isakson (R-GA), Mike Johanns (R-NE), and Mark Udall (D-CO), this designation is now a national reality.

      In coordination with the Senate's designation of Parkinson's Awareness Month, we encourage Parkinson's advocates to work with their state and local governments to proclaim April as Parkinson's Awareness Month at home.  There are few better ways of raising awareness of Parkinson's disease on a large scale than promoting governmental awareness of this disease in our communities.  We hope that you will use the momentum from the Senate's national designation to ask your state and local leaders to raise awareness of Parkinson's.

      On the PAN Web site we have provided you with templates of a proclamation, a cover letter for the proclamation, and a letter to the editor.  Each of these documents can be tailored to your local state and area, giving you space to thank your Senators and anyone else who has helped in declaring April as Parkinson's Awareness Month.  These materials will help you spread the word about Parkinson's disease in your local area and help coordinate Parkinson's Awareness Month proclamations across the country.

      Please do not hesitate to contact PAN if you have any questions.  We hope to see many of these proclamations across our country in the coming weeks!

       If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.