Dear Inkshedders:

     My institutional affiliation, Capilano University, China Partnership
Program, Harbin, Black Dragon River Province, China means that timing will
always be an issue.  In China, my semester ends in July and the two month
break that encompassed all of January and February is now only a distant
memory.  Technology, specifically The Great Firewall of China, means I
cannot join an interactive electronic forum... perhaps not even access an
archive.

   To the point; I apply the philosophy and principles of inkshedding in all
of my courses.  Inkshedding *works* to facilitate student exchange of ideas
and improves student knowledge and ability.  I am greatly indebted to all
inkshedders that I have met, either in person or through  electronic
correspondence.  Someday I hope to be able to show my appreciation through
some tangible contribution.

   I wish you a great meeting in Montreal.

Michael J. Ryan

PS  My conference season will most likely be restricted to Beijing once
again.  If my paper is accepted, it treats the subject of inkshedding as an
important tool in accessing student opinion in teaching intercultural
awareness, situated in a Chinese classroom.

--
Michael J. Ryan, Professor
Capilano University, China Partnership Program