Two weeks ago in Louisville, KY over 3200 people attended the CCCCs to
participate in pre-conference workshops and Special Interest Group
meetings (including the Canadian Caucus), give talks as part of the
main conference program, and work on some of the many committees that
serve the organization. I encourage you to attend and get involved.
Next year's Conference on College Composition and Communication
(CCCCs) will be held in Atlanta, GA April 6-9. Here is a link to the
2011 CCCCs Call for Proposals:

http://www.ncte.org/cccc/conv/

The theme, "All Our Relations: Contested Space, Contested Knowledge,"
makes special reference to indigenous peoples and all living things,
so those of you working in with First Nations writing or environmental
rhetoric will find that there is a special category, #113, for these
proposals--and probably increase your chances of having your proposal
accepted. The page referred to above also contains links to other
pages on how to put together an effective proposal.

I hope to see you in Atlanta!

Roger

Roger Graves
Director, Writing Across the Curriculum