FOR THE TOE CURLING-- HAVE THE DOCTOR CUT THE TENDONS.  IT WORKS AND  THE
CURLING GONE FOREVER.

In a message dated 4/1/2010 11:00:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

for  discomfort, and restless legs and cramping of legs in bed, i take
quinine  .  you can try drinking a glass of tonic water before bed.  it
contains quinine.

this is one of the earliest groups of  symptoms i had for PD and i
graduated about 4 or 5 years ago to prescription  quinine pills.  you may have to
argue with the pharmacist if he isnt used  to this  application for quinine as
they no longer use it much for  malaria. but it works for leg cramps etc

hilary.

p.s.  i  wear orthotics under my toes to try and counteract the curling
effect.

--- On Tue, 3/30/10, Steve Rack <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

From: Steve Rack <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: change  of symptoms
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, March 30,  2010, 8:03 PM

Hi Dirk,
* I've had some symptoms which come and go  and sometimes come again. For
several years I had excruciating "toe curling"  in my right foot. These
dissipated and were mostly gone for about a year but  lately have returned in a
vengence but mostly in my left foot.
* I've  noticed a connection between arm swing and cramping in the muscles
of my  wrist. Wrist ok, arm swing returns, albeit not a full swing.
* Very  recently I began to have difficulties getting comfortable in bed.
In this case  I analyzed the mechanics of moving across the bed and relearned
how to change  position. I go to sleep with my feet propped against the
wall to keep them  from cramping. Once I am asleep my body seems to return to
normal and my feet  come  back to bed.
* My dysgraphia (sp.) (handwriting) varies with  writing tools. Fat pens
with soft grips work well.
It is impossible for me  to know which drugs or supplements have roles to
play in these situations. I  take Cogenten, and fish oil, magnesium, calcium,
vit.D, CoQ10 and vit,C. It  would take years to sort out which substances
or combination of such really  works.
-- Steve in  VT

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn