Lee Silverman Voice Treatment is supposed to be good.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Grant <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, Apr 25, 2010 7:40 pm
Subject: Speech Problems in PD

I have been recently diagnosed with PD. I am a 50+ year old male in a "sales
ype" profession where I need to present and talk almost constantly.
y current drug treatment consists of 6mg Diazepam in the morning plus
equip 2mg three times per day.
 have been having significant issues with slurred speech. It seems to be
orse when I am tired or stressed.
as anyone had any success with any programs designed to help this problem?
 have looked into the LVST programs – are there any "Home Based – self
uided" programs that I should consider?
oes anyone know of any "Speech Related" trials that could be beneficial?
hanks for any help or advice!
o sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
n the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn