I have had PD for 12 years and only recently have I been aware of speech probems. I would talk to the doctor about the problem. You may need a change of meds. I only started with requip a few weeks ago as trial. Since each patient is unique you might have to experiment with some different solutions. It takes a few days to tell the effect.

I started with the genaric form of Sinemet. very low dose. You could sign up for Patentslikeme. A website for PD peoplem toget even more feedback.

Bill Lawless.

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Grant" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 7:40:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Speech Problems in PD

I have been recently diagnosed with PD. I am a 50+ year old male in a "sales
type" profession where I need to present and talk almost constantly.
My current drug treatment consists of 6mg Diazepam in the morning plus
Requip 2mg three times per day.
I have been having significant issues with slurred speech. It seems to be
worse when I am tired or stressed.
Has anyone had any success with any programs designed to help this problem?
I have looked into the LVST programs – are there any "Home Based – self
guided" programs that I should consider?
Does anyone know of any "Speech Related" trials that could be beneficial?
Thanks for any help or advice!