Hi everyone,

I thought that I would share our experience with turmeric.   A couple of
months ago there was a discussion here about the benefits of turmeric and
someone said that he had benefitted immensely from a spoonful of turmeric in
his cereal everyday.

I asked Prem's Ayurvedic doctor about it and he agreed that it can be
beneficial.  He however suggested that I give Prem half a teaspoon in some
water every morning.

It has now been about two months since Prem started on it.  The main change
that I have noticed is that his balance, which had become fairly shaky, is
much improved.  Often, when we go out, he prefers to go without his walking
stick.   Also, on our evening walk, he even sometimes kicks pebbles in
soccer-like kicks which slant is body away from the vertical.  I know he
would not have been able to do this earlier.  He is also much more ready to
go for a walk every evening than he was earlier.   Quite a change from a few
months ago.

I was aware of the benefits of turmeric for colds or cuts and bruises, but
this affect on Prem has been a pleasant surprise.

Moneesha