Hi everyone - I've been off list for about a month as I've been in the midst of a career shift.  I've certainly missed keeping up with everyone and with the lastest news. For those of you who don't know me, I am the sister of a young onset patient (dxd 38, now 54), and was for 11 years the Executive Director of a regional Parkinson Foundation based in Kansas City.

I've begun a new venture, exploring the use of technology (internet, smart devices etc...) to facilitate improved treatments for PD patients.  In looking at the research, I kept coming across so much data on patient driven care and the great improvements in health and well being among chronic disease patients; but absolutely nothing for PWP. (Things like self-tracking/ med tracking that is easy, automated and objective, improved and easy to use/read data on various ancillary issues of PD, improved communication with physicians between scheduled appointments)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you think technology could improve your circumstances or those of your care partner and improve the communication you have with your medical team - and of course, what you find lacking!  I have some backing, and I think we can really effect some change and do something important to help our community!

If this is a subject that interests you, I'm planning to form a Patient Advisory Board.  Anyone who wants to be included is welcome, and in return, we'll give you free access to whatever we develop.  Please let me know if you would like to be involved!

I hope you are all well and in good spirits!  Meg