Stem Cell Research Update

From: Parkinson's Action Network
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 4:38 PM
To: Rayilyn Brown
Subject: Stem Cell Research Update

      Stem Cell Research Update

      The following is an important news update from the Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research (CAMR) on the recent court ruling temporarily halting federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.  The Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) is a long-time member of CAMR.  Please click here to read an article from Reuters regarding the court ruling.

      CAMR Statement on Sherley v. Sebelius Injunction
      For immediate release  -  August 23, 2010

      The following statement may be attributed to Lisa Hughes, president, The Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research:

      "Today's Federal District Court injunction halting federal funding for human embryonic stem cell research is a blow to the hopes of millions of patients and their families suffering from fatal and chronic diseases and disorders. CAMR, and the patients and researchers we represent, remain committed to supporting all stem cell research and the search for cures that might be discovered from these essential research tools.

      "We have full confidence that the extensive, deliberative process that shaped federal guidelines now in place will be upheld upon further review.  We are disappointed, however, that the Court issued a preliminary injunction in response to the latest maneuver by an ideologically driven fringe group."

       If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.