Hi J's wife,
I to am a wife, 55 and my husband is 59, married for 25years to a man who was diagnosed w/PD 3 years ago this Jan. He was on Amantadine for about 6 months, then tried the Mirapex but caused his BP to go to low. They stoped his Amantadine as it had did what they were expecting it to do (get rid of the achey feeling) then put him on Azilect and Sinemet CR. He is doing (GREAT) knock on wood! However he did have to take his disability and retire early as he is a union heavy equipment operator for a construction co. the meds did not like his job. He is retired and doing well.
We are celebrating our 25th Sept 4 and having a big party so for now we take it one day at a time and I would say that is the way we will always take it. Planning in advance sometimes is a disapointment, we still do but dont expect it too always work out.
To help with the overwhelming feelings, take it one day at a time, in life thats all we really have is today, anyone of us could die today with out ever knowing why.
There are many books out there and some to help the kids understand better also. I will give you some names if you wish?
Glad to meet u on here and I wish it was under different circumstances but....life gives us issues that we some time dont ask for, there r days I wish it was me instead.........
We live in WA state, where r u?
If I can be support or help or a sounding board please email me @ [log in to unmask] or my web site is www.oysterments.com
Deb
www.oysterments.com