Sounds good.  You don't actually have to get your neuro to participate - tho we will.  If they won't go look at your stuff - you can always print it and take it.  We are hoping that we the time saved, the neuros will use this, but recognize a bottle neck when we see one.  I'll stay in touch with you and with the list and let you know what we are learning and doing.  I'm so glad you are feeling better Ray!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rayilyn Brown <[log in to unmask]>
To: PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mon, Aug 30, 2010 1:00 am
Subject: Re: Rayilyn & Others Interested/beta testing

Meg
 am in process of getting another neurologist.  Is this something I would
ave to get neuro to participate in?  I take few PD drugs myself,   l took
arbo/levadopa during time my stimulators were  off but don't think it helps
uch.  When I get my new neuro in October I can get back to you.
Ray
rom: "Meg Duggan" <[log in to unmask]>
ent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:15 AM
o: <[log in to unmask]>
ubject: Re: Rayilyn & Others Interested/beta testing
> We are going to try to" sell" it to the doctors as a time-saving device.
 Those I have met with believe it will save 5 to 10 minutes per
 appointment; apparently getting an understanding of on/off takes a great
 deal of time. It will also, we believe, help with between appointment
 phone calls.  It is our hope that doctors will ask patients to use the
 device to self monitor, particularly after a medication change or in
 periods of disease progression.  Each physician will have their own log in
 page - one button - with only their patients listed there.  One click and
 they can view a clean chart of on/off, dosing times, peak dyskinesias and
 peak performance.

 Of course from our side - the hope is that time saved can be used to
 discuss other things - not merely shortening already too short
 appointments. And that patients have a new way to communicate with their
 physicians.  Hopefully the information will lead to faster and better
 interventions - and not having to wait 6 months to get meds changed when
 they need to be.

 I recognize it may be an uphill battle - but its one I'm willing to take
 on.  I feel like PD patients are often isolated from their neurologists
 and don't get the on-demand services they deserve.  I'd love to get
 everyones thoughts?  Its going to cost me about $60,000 to build - so if
 I'm all wet let me know please!  Weigh in - this is a PD community
 project...