---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: "Parkinson's Action Network" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "linda herman" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Your Voice Needed in Support of Stem Cell Research
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:05:24 -0400

 Help Make Stem Cell Research Legislation a Priority this Fall

Over a week ago, a federal judge issued a temporary injunction halting all federal funding for human embryonic stem cell research (ESCR).  The Department of Justice has asked the court to stay the injunction.  The court&rsquo;s decision on the stay is expected next week.

While the court system is addressing this issue and we hope for success, the best guaranteed and permanent solution would be legislation.  Members of Congress are still back at home in their district and they need to hear from you about your support for embryonic stem cell research.  Congress must make legislation to fix this problem a priority this fall.

If you are attending a town hall meeting or community event over the Labor Day weekend or next week, please ask your Member of Congress:

As a member of the Parkinson&rsquo;s community, I am looking to you to ensure that federal funding is restored for embryonic stem cell research.  Are you going to make embryonic stem cell research legislation a priority this fall so that this potential life-saving research can continue? Not attending an event?  Please e-mail your Members of Congress by going to the PAN homepage
www.parkinsonsaction.org
and clicking  Contact Congress
then click on Take Action