If you were in the UK I'd say look at the Peugot Bipper Teppee, but they
probably aren't available in the USA.
I recently got mine on the motability scheme and like it - I've got one shaky
leg (the left) & there's room to get it well clear of the controls, plus I can
get a wheelchair or small scooter in the back.